Recover and the Plans After Surgery

This may shock and amaze some, but the recovery from deep brain surgery is a two-week period. I have been told that I should not run a marathon or anything, but I should be up and moving, using my brain as much as normal. 

If you think about someone who has had hip surgery, they must get up and start walking quickly after surgery. It hurts, but that pain will turn into progress if they move. Brain surgery, if I start using my brain, the pain will also turn into synapsis firing, brain reconnecting, and recovery will be more progressive. 

The most amount of pain will come from the skull/bone pain. However, if you break your arm, you are put in a cast, and you return to work within a few days, this pain will be similar. 

There is no muscle to go through, simply skin, bone, and brain tissue. The brain technically does not have pain. It receives pain sensors from the other parts of the body and relies on the information but can not feel pain itself. 

In recovery, I am told to expect nausea and dizziness, which I already struggle with, and bone pain. 

I will be asleep for the surgery. It is expected to be around four hours. They will remove a four-by-four part of my skull in the back lower corner. The insition will be around four inches, and only a small portion of my hair will be shaved, again on the lower bottom section of my skull. 

The week after surgery is Thanksgiving week, so the kids will be home, and Bobby is off school that week. We are blessed to live close to my mother, who is also hosting more family members at her house. 

My Brother and Sister-in-law will be helping with the boys during the days of surgery and are always gracious to help at a moment's notice if needed. 

That being said, don't be surprised if you see me or us up and about after surgery. It is a good thing, a crazy thing, but good. 

I will be working remotely some and into the office some in December to balance nausea and driving. 

Life after surgery,
I am praying for no headaches, restored vision, no nausea, relief from overstimulation, no ringing in my ears, and all the blessings that God desires to bestow on me and my family. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wait is On- November 16th

Brain Power

The Neurologist and a Pineal Gland