2023 and 2024

This is the week in which we all say goodbye to the 2023 year and begin to prepare for the birth of the 2024 year.  Many will celebrate the transition by cleaning their spaces and planning New Year's Eve parties, and a few will take moments to reflect on the year leaving and make space and plan for the year to come.  

I do a little of all of these things I suppose.  I am already slowly placing the holiday décor in piles to be put away till next year.  It is a bittersweet time as I love holiday decorations up in my house, which create such a cozy atmosphere. 

I am also trying to be intentional about reflecting on the year passing.  Last year was a year full of mourning and grief, this year has been a year full of discovery of health concerns and the beginning of healing. 

Each year I pray and claim a word for the year, and as I focus on that word, I grow in its definition.  I seek out bible verses, quotes, and stories that will help me be challenged to be a better person, better believer, and better follower of Jesus.  In 2023, my word of the year was PEACE. I can see now how God was preparing my heart and mind to have peace in His plan for my life this year.  I am a natural stressor and this word has helped transform my life this year. From hitting the milestones of a year without my father, finding a tumor in my brain, and enduring brain surgery, peace has consumed me in ways I did not expect and I am so blessed by it. 

I prayed a few weeks back, in preparation for the word for 2024, and the word FAITH hit me hard.  I pushed against it at first, sure that was not a good one for me to choose, however, God has shared that word over and over again since that day.  My daily quiet time has already revealed numerous verses for me to be challenged, changed, and blessed by; one of such is James 2:17-18 and Galatians 5:5. 

James 2:17-18

        17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

18But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works. 
Galatians 5:5
 5For we through the Spirit eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness by faith6For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but faith working through love.

What will you do in preparation for the end of this year and the beginning of the next? As leaders, as humans, and as adults, we must aim to be better each and every day, no matter our age or our circumstances. Whether you choose to do a word of the year or not, take time to reflect back on the good and the difficult moments of 2023 so that you can learn and grow from those moments, memories, and experiences.  
I challenge you to take on a growth mindset in 2024. 
May the end of your year be a blessing and the beginning of your 2024 be amazing. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wait is On- November 16th

Brain Power

The Neurologist and a Pineal Gland